Vicore Pharma has developed a unique platform technology to treat a wide range of unmet medical needs. The main project is focused on idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF), a chronic, progressive lung disease for which there is no real effective treatment currently available for patients suffering from the condition.
Subscribe to receive our latest news
Orphan designations for IPF
- EMA granted.
- FDA granted.
Phase 1 clinical trial
- In collaboration with Clinical Research Services Turku.
- First in man – healthy male volunteers.
- Primary objectives – safety and tolerability, PK properties.
- Single and multiple ascending dose studies.
Strong impact on several markers in an in vitro study for pulmonary fibrosis
- The study showed that C21 was most active in the fibrotic lung disease model where it positively affected several markers indicative of inflammation and fibrosis in a dose dependent manner. C21 exerted stronger effects in the BioMAP® system than the currently approved drugs for IPF.
- Positive effects on both matrix-related and inflammation-related readouts demonstrated by C21, may translate to a stronger clinical impact than current therapies.
- C21 was also shown to be active and non-cytotoxic in the BioMAP panel for the concentration range tested.
New drug molecules
- Developed new drug molecules that selectively stimulate the AT2 receptor (AT2R agonism) in the Renin-Angiotensin-System. Based on experience and learnings drawn from the company’s successful drug candidate, C21, the new molecules have been designed to address diseases in the metabolic and cardiovascular areas.
- The new molecules open up new opportunities within larger indication areas besides the orphan drug space where C21 is being developed.
- Patent application filed.
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF)
- Rare disease with orphan drug status.
- Unknown cause.
- Increasing prevalence – 15-20 cases per 100 000 people.
- Characterized by progressive fibrosis (scar formation) in the lungs, which leads to symptoms increasing over time.
We'd love to hear from you!
Drop us a line and we will respond to you as soon as possible.